Let’s take a more in-depth look:
Week Three’s finest and brightest
About final evening:Jaguars 20, Titans 7 — It is solely Week 3, however Tennessee’s emphatic Week 1 win over the Cleveland Browns is beginning to really feel like a very long time in the past. The Titans had a rough go of it Thursday night in opposition to the Jaguars, who must be excited to have drafted Gardner Minshew within the sixth spherical of this yr’s draft.
Fast take a look at Week Three:
- Sport of the Week: Baltimore Ravens at Kansas Metropolis Chiefs — This showdown of unbeaten groups should be an offensive showcase that includes two of the league’s most gifted younger passers, Patrick Mahomes and Lamar Jackson.
- Sneaky-good Sport of the Week: Atlanta Falcons at Indianapolis Colts — The Colts will rely on their run game and defense to maintain the Falcons’ high-octane offense off the sector. This recreation will present a great measuring stick for each squads.
- Blowout Sport of the Week: Miami Dolphins at Dallas Cowboys — Poor Josh Rosen. The Dolphins flip to the second-year QB after being outscored 102-10 of their earlier two video games.
- Sunday Ticket Sport of the Week: Pittsburgh Steelers at San Francisco 49ers — The 49ers are 2-Zero … are they for real? The Steelers are Zero-2 and have a quarterback making his first profession NFL begin … is there reason for concern?
- Survivor Pool Sport of the Week: Oakland Raiders at Minnesota Vikings — Kirk Cousins had a horrific Week 2, however returns to the pleasant confines of U.S. Financial institution Stadium to face a Raiders team that begins a brutal 48-day street run that features a journey to London earlier than its subsequent recreation in Oakland on Nov. Three. Full disclosure: The earlier picks have been been the Ravens (Week 1) and Texans (Week 2).
Week Three necessities: Picks, rankings and extra
- Week 3 picks: USA TODAY Sports activities’ panel of consultants has offered followers with the good public service of constructing prognostications for every NFL game this weekend.
- Power rankings: See how each team stands coming into Week 2. You would possibly be capable to predict which workforce is rated at No. 32.
- Ranking the 2-0 teams: This train separates the contenders from the pretenders amongst these squads which have opened the season unblemished.
- Ranking the 0-2 teams: There are 9 winless groups. Do any of them have any hope of reaching the postseason?
- Can Dolphins coach survive to enjoy the good times? It looks like a stretch that first-year Miami coach Brian Flores will nonetheless be the coach when the team’s bounty of draft picks theoretically turns the Dolphins again into winners.
- The Dolphins don’t ‘suck’, apparently: Cowboys defensive coordinator Rod Marinelli has been the coach of an Zero-16 workforce. And he is aware of that workforce got here out and fought each week. He expects nothing less from this year’s Dolphins in Week Three.
- What do Jalen Ramsey, Lamar Jackson and Kirk Cousins have in common?: Their solely present connection (that we all know of) is that our Mike Jones breaks down the latest with each star player in his weekend column for Week 3.
- Can Big Ben bounce back? Joe Montana thinks so: USA TODAY Sports activities’ Jarrett Bell talked to the legendary QB, who had his personal points with an elbow harm, in regards to the prospects of Steelers’ QB Ben Roethlisberger getting back to his old form.
- Antonio Brown sends ‘threatening’ texts: Simply hours after Antonio Brown spoke to the media for the first time since joining the Patriots, Sports activities Illustrated reported that the extensive receiver had ship ‘intimidating and threatening’ text messages to one of his accusers.
- Unbeaten Cowboys getting key defensive player back: Robert Quinn is finished serving a two-game suspension and is ready to make his Dallas debut Sunday.
- Eli Manning’s run with Giants might be over: The Giants have named rookie Daniel Jones the starter, relegating a possible Corridor of Famer to backup duty. Manning deserved better than this, Mike Jones writes.
- Saints, Steelers must take hard look at future: Accidents to Drew Brees and Ben Roethlisberger will shake up playoff races, and provides their respective groups one thing to consider shifting ahead, Jarrett Bell writes.
- ‘Stay off Tom’: Dolphins LB Raekwon McMillan mentioned a referee told him to “stay off Tom” — “Tom” is Tom Brady — after a authorized hit in Week 2. Need to see video of the hit? After all you do, and it’s hard to find any fault in what McMillan did on the play.
Fantasy soccer: Get your lineup proper
As at all times, we’re right here that can assist you together with your most vital weekly resolution: Setting that fantasy football lineup.
Week Three schedule
(All occasions Jap)
Because the NFL celebrates its 100th season, we’re unveiling our all-time 100 lists:
NFL Fb group: Be a part of now!
When you love speaking soccer (and who would not, amirite?), we’ve got the proper spot for you. Be a part of our Fb Group, The Ruling Off the Field, to interact in pleasant debate and dialog with fellow football fans and our NFL insiders.
Life on the backside
You’ve got come this far, so that is your reward. Listed below are some awesome images celebrating #NFL100.
Get pleasure from your football-filled weekend!
Need to preserve this dialog going? Head to Fb, and/or give a Twitter comply with to your pleasant neighborhood soccer man who put collectively this article, @jimreineking.
Publish bySource link